The Message Trust is run by a dedicated team of talented staff, interns and volunteers. We’re always looking for excellent people to join us. If you see a vacancy you like the look of, please click through to find out more.
Gangstar Business Manager
Gangstar Enterprise Development is a social enterprise owned by The Message Trust South Africa. The business is seeking a highly motivated and competent individual for the position of Café Manager for both our Mowbray and Durbanville Cafes, as well as our mobile coffee events.
The Gangstar Café Manager’s prime responsibility is to provide a unique Coffee Shop experience that offers excellence in the following categories:
1. Daily staff performance through training and mentoring
2. Coffee quality and delivery
3. Food and beverage quality and delivery
4. Customer service
5. Gangstar culture and experience in store and on events
6. Clear operational structure and processes
· You are someone who has previous experience in the food and coffee industry
· You are a leader, able to lead and inspire others towards a collective vision and purpose
· You have high passion and motivation to make a difference in the lives of others and are willing to go above and beyond, this is not a job for you but a sense of calling
· You see gaps, have initative and make things happen
· You are administratively astute, good with processes and able to keep on top of all aspects of the business
· You know how to generate a profit through providing tight controls in stock management, financial management, food costings and sourcing the best suppliers for the business
· You are a team player and motivate those around you to be better, always pulling the best out of others and taking them to the next level
· You are able to come up with other creative business ideas that can open up more job opportunites for other Gangstars in the future including event management, catering, mobile coffee units and other cafes.
To view full job description and responsibilities, please click here.
Please submit a motivational letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: June 30th, 2019
If you would like to be considered for volunteer positions or current vacancies in the future, please email your current CV to email@example.com.
You can also call us if you have any further questions on +27 (0) 82 7128235